The list of 2020’s highest-paid actresses has just released and Sofia Vergara topped this year’s prestigious list. According to Forbes, the Colombian-American actress topped the new world rankings with $43 million.
Hollywood veteran Angelina Jolie and “Wonder Woman” star Gal Gadot come in second and third on the list.
Below are the actresses who made it to Forbes’ Top 10:
- Sofia Vergara: $43 million
- Angelina Jolie: $35.5 million
- Gal Gadot: $31.5 million
- Melissa McCarthy: $25 million
- Meryl Streep: $24 million
- Emily Blunt: $22.5 million
- Nicole Kidman: $22 million
- Ellen Pompeo: $19 million
- Elisabeth Moss: $16 million
- Viola Davis: $15.5 million
According to the report, Vergara earned $500,000 per episode playing Gloria on popular comedy series “Modern Family.” She is also reportedly paid at least $10 million for each season of “America’s Got Talent.”
Combined, all ten celebrities earned a total of $254 million in the 12 months leading up to June, down 20% from last year, the report added.
On the other hand, while Hollywood may be moving closer to gender pay equity, there are still ways to go. The ten highest-paid male actors collected $545.5 million this year, almost double that of their female peers.