Most of the animals are abandoned and tortured by their former owners. Adoption is the only way to give them a second chance to live happily, a home, and to break the cycle of pet overpopulation.
No Pets Left Behind: Know How to Adopt from Animal Shelters
Here are some of the animal shelters and foundations caring for adoptable pets in the Philippines.
The Philippine Animal Welfare Society is a registered non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and promotion of humane treatment of all animals. The organization campaigns actively against animal cruelty and pet neglect, including activities like dogfights, horse fights, and the use of wild animals for entertainment.
PAWS requires adoption fees; ₱500.00 for a cat and ₱1,000.00 for a dog. To adopt from PAWS, here are the steps that you should follow
- Download and fill in the Adoption Application Form and attach the scheduling form. They will ask you to put a date and time for your first interview.
- The next step is to have an interview. PAWS will send you the Zoom link through your email account on or before the approved interview date.
- If you pass the interview, they will let you visit the shelter. On your first visit, you will choose your prospective pet and have your second interview. Then, on your second visit, they will ask you to finalize your application and let you bond with your chosen pet. The third and last visit is the time when you can take home your pet.
Cara means Compassion and Responsibility for Animals. It is a non-profit and non-government organization that promotes animal welfare in the country through education, public awareness, affordable sterilization and veterinary care, and the rehabilitation and rehoming of cats and dogs in need.
CARA requires an adoption fee of ₱1,000.00 for a cat and ₱1,500.00 for a dog. Take a read on the adoption process of CARA:
- You should select an animal/s from the CARA Animals “Adopt Me” album or visit their Facebook page.
- Visit the CARA Clinic in Mandaluyong to meet their pets that are available for adoption. CARA requires at least 1 visit for cats and 2 visits for dogs.
- Download the CARA Adoption Form and after completing it, send it to their account, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They will schedule a home visit for you after your application.
- Once approved, you may come and pick up the animal/s and pay the adoption fee.
Pawssion Project is a non-profit organization that focuses on the rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming of dogs in distress. The organization also helps strays and makes relief drives.
Starting January 2022, Pawssion Project is implementing an adoption fee. ₱1,000.00 for a dog, but for cats, they will be waiving the adoption fee encouraged by a generous sponsor. To adopt rescues from Pawssion Project, here’s the application process:
- Fill out the Adoption Application Form.
- After the application form, they will ask you to have an interview.
- The last step is to visit the shelter and you can bring home your new pet.
Nearly their whole lives are spent in service with us, animals like them should be treated with love, compassion, and care.
Adopt, don’t shop.