Adulting is a step needed to be done as a grown-up and responsible adult taking necessary tasks for fulfilling duties as a citizen of the country. Hence, with almost all transactions, getting a valid ID is one adulting journey to lead on.
Moreover, government-issued IDs are the most useful for any transaction, since it’s acknowledgeable by most big and small establishments. Oftentimes, you need to present two valid IDs and getting them is a must.
For your guide, here’s the list of basic and easy valid IDs to apply.
One of the fastest and easiest to get is the postal ID. Issued by the PHLPost, the postal ID can be done by following these:
- Submit completely filled-out application forms with your requirements and payment to any post office. Meanwhile, accomplish the form by downloading it from the PHLPost website.
- Present your birth certificate or any other valid ID (if you already have one). For a list of requirements click here.
Through the Philippine Identification System or PhilSys, Filipino citizens of all ages, living in the Philippines or abroad are eligible to apply. Those who are eligible citizens need to accomplish these in applying for the National ID:
- Fill out the form online available in PhilSys website or click here.
- Book your preferred dates of appointment schedule to proceed to Step 2 registration. Hence, make sure to save the copy of your Application Reference Number (ARN) and/or your QR code.
- Proceed to your designated registration center and present the needed documents and your ARN & QR code.
Moreover, primary and secondary documents are needed for you to accomplish the National ID.
Here are some primary documents:
- DFA-issued Philippine Passport or ePassport
- GSIS or SSS-issued Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card (UMID)
- Land Transportation Office (LTO)-issued Student’s License Permit or Non-Professional/Professional Driver’s License
- PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth and one (1) government-issued identification document which bears your full name, front-facing photograph and your signature or thumb mark
For instance, here are some secondary documents you could need:
- PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth/NSO-issued Certificate of Live Birth with Birth Reference Number (BreN)
- LCRO-issued Certificate of Live Birth
- PSA-issued Report of Birth
- PSA-issued Certificate of Foundling
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) Identification Card
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- SSS ID
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) ID
- License to Own or Possess Firearms (LTOPF) ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance/ID
- Solo Parent’s ID
- PWD ID
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) ID
- Philhealth ID
- Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA)-issued Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- National ID from other countries
- Residence ID from other countries
For more additional information, visit PhilSys website here.
Aside from its purpose for traveling abroad, the Philippine Passport is one powerful ID to use. Furthermorre, here are the ways on how to apply for it:
- Have an online appointment or click here.
- Accomplish the Application Form and prepare the original and photo copy of your live birth certificate.
- Prepare for your available valid IDs, to check click here.
- Prepare for your personal appearance as well as the processing fee.
Evidently, these are just some primary and secondary list of Valid ID’s in the Philippines.
Maedelyn is a journalism student from Cavite State University. She is a passionate girl whose dream is to travel the world and write stories about it. She likes photography and is interested in fashion. She also likes to watch classic movies.