This Pride Month, Village Pipol Magazine encourages everyone to help eradicate the stereotypes that the people within the LGBTQ+ community continue to face every single day. #BeyondPride: True Colors Campaign shows people that we, as LGBTQ+, are much more than that. That we, as LGBTQ+, are more than just what we came out of the closet for. That the LGBTQ+ community also has a contribution to society. Let’s unite together in celebrating pride with our true colors.
Beyond Pride: True Colors Campaign is now open for registration.
Openly expressing themselves in real life and on all social media accounts, this month’s cover may be a perfect representation of this generation’s modern LGBTQ+. Stereotypes about LGBTQ+ people have existed for a long time… and, even in 2021, we still struggle with that kind of thing. We see lesbians and bisexual women battling against the fetishization of their sexual orientation, gender identity, and expressions. Most commonly, effeminate gay men and transgender women face stereotypes that involve them only meant for the entertainment and beauty industry. And, although that remains a valid profession for everybody, it becomes the root of said labels.
This social media campaign aims to:
- Provide an immediate and far-reaching platform that will promote every person’s individuality regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression.
- Promote understanding, respect, and empathy towards the members of the LGBTQ+ community and its allies.
- Educate people that one’s worth shall never be measured by their sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. But, their capabilities to contribute to change and progression within the society.
- Deliver a message that an LGBTQ+ person’s sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression do not define their whole being.
Here’s how to join:
- Please send your high-resolution midshot or close-up photo. Preferably with a plain background and wearing a top that has a touch of the colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet to firstname.lastname@example.org to be used as campaign material.
- Follow this format as your email subject: BEYOND PRIDE / Name / (eg. BEYOND PRIDE/ Juan dela Cruz)
- Deadline on June 25, 2021.
Sample campaign materials:
Let’s come together and help eradicate these stereotypes. Then, express your love and support because even one voice can be powerful. With unity, empathy, and understanding, we can also create fruitful discourse and social media movement for the LGBTQ+ community and its allies. And, always remember that being gay doesn’t make you any less human. Being gay is not a profession. And, that we, as a whole community, are more than just being gay.
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!
Angela Grace P. Baltan has been writing professionally since 2017. She doesn’t hesitate to be opinionated in analyzing movies and television series. Aside from that, she has an affinity for writing anything under the sun. As a writer, she uses her articles to advocate for feminism, gender equality, the LGBTQIA+ community, and mental health among others.