Now Reading
Pentagon officially releases UFO video footage, here’s why

Pentagon officially releases UFO video footage, here’s why

As a step that comes after years of progress towards government transparency surrounding unidentified flying objects, the Pentagon has officially released three short videos showing “unidentified aerial phenomena” that had previously been released by a private company.

In the said videos, an unidentified flying objects rapidly moving while recorded by infrared cameras. In fact, two of the videos featured service members reacting in awe at how quickly the objects are moving. One voice speculates that it could be a drone.

In an article published on Forbes, they cited some key facts we need to know about the UFO videos. Read below!

“The videos, which were first published by the New York Times in 2017, show fast-moving oblong objects racing through the sky and a pilot, in one video yelling, “Look at that thing, dude — it’s rotating!”
“The Pentagon, which previously confirmed the veracity of the videos in 2019, said it formally released the footage after a “thorough review” determined the videos do not reveal any sensitive information and to “clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real,” Sue Gough, a Defense Department spokeswoman, told CBS News.
“One of the videos released shows an incident from 2004 in which Navy pilots encountered an object 40 feet long hovering about 50 feet above the water, according to the New York Times; the two other videos are from 2015 and show strange objects moving very quickly — one racing above the water, another rotating in mid air (the videos were released after unauthorized leaks in 2007 and 2017, CBS News reports.)
ABC News
“The release of the videos and the Times report on the experiences of the Navy pilots who encountered the objects comes as government officials have sought to investigate and lend more transparency to the subject in recent years.
“The Navy previously acknowledged the veracity of the videos in September of last year. They are officially releasing them now, “in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos,” according to Pentagon spokesperson Sue Gough.
“Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who tweeted in support of the Pentagon releasing the videos Monday, helped steer funding towards a $22 million program in 2007 to investigate UFOs (in his tweet Monday Reid added that the videos “only scratch the surface of research and materials available.”)
“Following the 2017 Times report, the Navy formalized a process allowing pilots to report encounters with aerial phenomena; in 2019, the Navy confirmed an uptick in UFO sightings.

Pentagon’s reason in releasing these videos

September last year, the Navy acknowledged the veracity of the videos. In a statement released by Pentagon, spokesperson Sue Gough revealed their reason behind this unexpected action.
“In order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos,”
spokesperson Sue Gough said.
“After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems… and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena,” Gough added.
Meanwhile, the Navy is now imposing formal guidelines for how its pilots can report when they believe they have seen possible UFO’s.
What's Your Reaction?
Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Silly
0
Wow
0
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top