President Rodrigo R. Duterte has eased down the community quarantine classifications in Metro Manila and other areas previously placed under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ). During his public address on late Monday evening from Davao, Duterte said the following areas will be under GCQ: Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Nueva Ecija, Batangas, Quezon, Iloilo City, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Talisay City in Cebu, and the municipalities of Minglanilla and Consolacion.
This follows the recommendation of the IATF to place the National Capital Region (NCR), Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite, and Rizal under general community quarantine (GCQ).
“The rest of the Philippines are placed under Modified General Community Quarantine,” Duterte said. The new classifications will take effect from August 19 to August 31, 2020.
“Just be careful. Follow the safeguards,” Duterte reminded the public.
On the other hand, Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said that some of the businesses will resume their operation in GCQ areas.
“Mas marami pong industriyang bukas. Pupuwede po ang dine-in sa mga restaurant, pupuwede po na magkaroon ng religious services pero hanggang 30% lang po,” Roque said.
“Halos lahat po ng industriya ay magbubukas bukod na lang po doon sa maraming natitipon-tipon, ‘yung mga entertainment, at ‘yung mga amusement para po sa bata,” he added.
The Labor and Trade Departments have also released guidelines for infection prevention in workplaces in GCQ areas.
Meanwhile, travel guidelines for areas under GCQ also limit movement to essential purposes only.