With the season of giving in full swing, Shopee recently wrapped up one of its biggest sales of the year, the 12.12 Mega Pamasko Sale by delivering more deals and rewards for shoppers, and enabling success for all kinds of businesses.
Both sellers and shoppers had much to look forward to during this year’s sale — local sellers saw a 4 times uplift in orders versus a normal day, while local shoppers were able to enjoy over ₱64 Million in savings on 12 December alone.
Martin Yu, Director at Shopee Philippines shared, “We are incredibly grateful to be closing the year with the support of our shoppers and sellers at Shopee’s 12.12 Mega Pamasko Sale. Through our campaigns, we aim to help more Filipinos experience the benefits of e-commerce by connecting them with brands and businesses to support their needs. With 2023 quickly approaching, we look forward to maximizing our platform to deliver even more opportunities for growth for all our stakeholders.”
Setting local businesses up for success amidst 12.12 celebrations
Shopee is committed to helping Filipino entrepreneurs drive their businesses forward in the digital space. The 12.12 Mega Pamasko Sale enabled sellers and brands to maximize Shopee’s platform, with the following results.
- One local seller saw a 7 times uplift in sales on 12.12. Other Filipino sellers that saw the highest uplifts were fashion shops Mumu, Willet, and Abubot PH as Filipinos looked to treat themselves and their loved ones to stylish clothes for the holidays.
- Local brands on Shopee Mall also enjoyed higher sales during the campaign. This is especially so for Filipino beauty and personal care brands, including VIYLine Cosmetics and Uni-Care Hygienic Products.
Catering to the needs of Filipino shoppers in time for Christmas
With the busiest time of the year just around the corner, Shopee continues to support Filipinos and their needs. During the 12.12 Mega Pamasko Sale, Filipinos turned to Shopee’s exciting deals and discounts to shop for meaningful gifts for themselves and their loved ones.
- Home & Living, Mobiles & Gadgets, and Health & Personal Care were the leading categories as Filipinos flocked to Shopee to improve their homes and shop for Christmas gifts for their loved ones.
- Around the region, more users enjoyed the ease and convenience of cashless transactions as there was a 4 times uplift in the total number of shoppers who checked out using ShopeePay versus a normal day.
- Dresses, sandals for women, and dresses for women were the most-searched keywords during the sale, which shows that shoppers were eager to prepare for their looks for the holiday festivities.
Spreading the holiday cheer with more rewards for shoppers all over the country
Shopee continues to maximize its platform and reach to make e-commerce accessible for everyone, wherever they are in the country. Filipinos from the Visayas and Mindanao region were able to take advantage of Shopee’s Christmas deals and contests during the 12.12 Mega Pamasko Sale.
- Filipinos got very excited for the 12.12 Shop to Win Gold promo with over 6.2 million entries recorded, which is almost thrice as much as the 11.11 run. With Christmas fast approaching, users took their chance on winning gold bars, or a year’s supply of groceries or electricity.
- Shoppers nationwide also enjoyed all of Shopee’s special holiday deals, with the increase in orders from the areas of Davao, Cebu, Bulacan, and Rizal, on 12.12 emerging as the cities with the most orders outside of Metro Manila.
Make your Christmas shopping even merrier when you shop at Shopee! You can still check out more holiday deals at the Extended 12.12 Mega Pamasko Sale, and more offers at the December 15 Payday Sale. Download the Shopee app from leading app stores and follow Shopee Philippines on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
Aside from being a businessman, Josh Austria has been working in PR and media industry for more more than a decade. From his years of experience as the Marketing and Advertising Head of Village Pipol Magazine, he has built strong relationships with creative people, brands, and organizations.