All the way up: Beauty of Buhawi Hill
Are you planning to go on a hike for your next vacation? Well, you’re on the right page! You might want to visit Buhawi Hill located in the coastal municipality of Albay, Pio Duran! I asked Ms. Mona Trisha Nieva, one of the Tourism Staff in Pio Duran, to share the things that you need to know before going there.
So, here are the things you need to know before you go all the way up to Buhawi Hill:
How to get there from Manila
If you are from Manila you can get there through the following:
- By Land: From PITX you can ride a bus going directly to Pio Duran and then ride a tricycle going to the Municipal Office of Pio Duran. After that, go to their Tourism Office.
- By Air: You can ride a plane from Manila to Legazpi Airport. From the Airport, you can ride a taxi, GrabCar, or tricycle going to Legazpi Terminal. Then ride a van going to Pio Duran. Once you arrive, you can ride a tricycle going to the Municipal Office of Pio Duran and then go to their Tourism Office.
After that, they will conduct an orientation of the do’s and don’ts and important things to remember while on a hike. You still need to ride a motorcycle from their office to Barangay Panganiran, which is where Buhawi Hill is located. It’s definitely going to be a fun motorcycle ride!
Requirements when going there
- Filled out the registration form from Tourism Office
- Registration fee is 200 pesos per pax for tourists
- The tour Guide fee is 500 pesos (maximum of 5 pax)
- *No Tour Guide, No Hike
- *No Coordination/Registration, No Hike
You can also pay for another fee for the porter if you want someone to bring your heavy bags uphill. We personally pay for it when we went there since we had a box full of groceries.
Tips for people who want to go to Buhawi Hill
- Bring your own tent, food, and water.
- Be physically fit.
- Leave no trace during the hike.
Of course, enjoy the beauty of nature! Feel the breeze and appreciate the sunset or the sunrise – just everything! Take as many pictures as you can so you can look back on your adventure. Also, bring an off lotion to prevent yourself from getting mosquito or insect bites. Lastly, bring your friends, family, or someone special to have a more fun and enjoyable experience together.
Aside from Buhawi Hill, you can visit the following while you’re here in Pio Duran:
- Aquasilvi Mangrove Site
- Bulalacao Cave
- Cagbatano and Marigondon Beach Resorts
- Namaluto Falls
If you want to experience extreme adventure then Buhawi Hill is the place for you!
Erika loves her time being alone but equally enjoy working as part of a team. As a writer, she always wants to have a draft first and then just rewrite everything once it's done and finalized. She is quite outspoken and prefer reading texts out loud. Her favorite things include watching rom-com films/shows, eating sweets, and singing.