The Chinese tech giant, Huawei, announced the first batch of smartphones that will receive EMUI 11. Also known as Emotion UI, EMUI is also celebrating its eight year anniversary since it first debuted in 2012.
President of Huawei Consumer Business Software Development, Wang Chenglu, confirmed that EMUI 11 is coming on Q3 of 2020. He did not mention the exact launch date but we can expect the Mate40 series to be the first devices to run this skin out of the box. Select Huawei and Honor devices should also receive EMUI 11 via software update.
Here’s the initial list of devices that will receive EMUI 11 on Q3 of 2020:
- HUAWEI P Series – P40, P40 Pro, P30, P30 Pro
- HUAWEI Mate Series – Mate30 Pro/5G, Mate30, Mate30 RS Porsche Design, Mate20 Pro, Mate20 X, Mate 20, Mate20 RS Porsche Design, Mate X
- nova Series – nova 6 5G, nova 5T / Pro, nova 5z, nova 5i Pro
- Tablet – MatePad, Mediapad M6
- HONOR – Honor V30 Pro, Honor V20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20s, Honor 20 Youth Edition, Honor 9X Pro
Given that EMUI 11 will arrive on Q3 2020, we can expect an update between July and September. However, it its important to note that EMUI 11 is a skin on top of Android so it may launch after Android 11 goes live.
The company said that new features and other compatible models will be announced at a later time. Huawei also reinstated its efforts to bring more developers to Huawei Mobile Services (HMS Core) as an alternative to Google’s offering.
Currently, EMUI 10 is running on over 10 million Huawei and Honor devices worldwide.
Did your phone make it on the initial list?