In a memorandum, the Manila Health Department urged the city government to test residents before they return to their barangays.
“Upang maiwasan ang muling pagtaas ng kaso ng Covid-19 sa Lungsod ng Maynila pagkatapos ng panahon ng kapaskuhan, ang lahat ng tao na babalik sa ating lungsod simula Enero 2, 2021 ay kinakailangan na sumailalim sa RT-PCR o swab test bago tanggapin sa kanilang barangay,” the memorandum read.
Quarantine or swabbing facilities where Manileños could be tested were established in:
- District 1 – T. Paez Quarantine Facility – 09618977816/09286731715
- District 2 – Patricia Sports Complex Quarantine Facility – 09179609112
- District 3 – Arellano Quarantine Facility – 09184044627
- District 4 – Dapitan Sports Complex Quarantine Facility – 09516729122
- District 5 – San Andres Sports Complex Quarantine Facility – 09178031925
- District 6 – Bacood Quarantine Facility – 09461430364/09086877105
The city has recorded a total of 24,948 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began. Of this number, 750 died while 23,900 have recovered, leaving 298 active cases.
The Manila Health Department said those tested could stay at the facility while waiting for the results, which would take one to two days.
Those who will turn out to be positive would be brought to quarantine facilities for confirmed COVID-19 cases.
However, they would not be counted as cases in their barangays.
Those who test negative will be issued a medical certificate indicating the result. This could then be used for their barangays for clearance.