After two days since its launch last Christmas day, a reliable source has finally released an unofficial ranking of Metro Manila Film Festival 2019. This information is published on PEP.ph, an entertainment news site. However, the MFFF 2019 committee hasn’t released their ranking for the first two days of the said festival.
As a matter of fact, this year’s edition features country’s biggest names in film industry — Vic Sotto, Vice Ganda, Anne Curtis, Aga Muhlach, Judy Ann Santos, Iza Calzado, and Maine Mendoza. Above all, Filipino moviegoers have a wider range of choices in terms of film genre — action, comedy, heavy family drama, romance, and horror.
Here’s the unofficial ranking as of December 27
1. The Mall, The Merrier of Vice Ganda and Anne Curtis
2. Miracle in Cell No. 7 of Aga Muhlach and Bela Padilla
3. 3Pol Trobol: Huli Ka Balbon of Coco Martin, Jennylyn Mercado, and Ai-Ai delas Alas
4. Mission Unstapabol: The Don Identity of Vic Sotto and Maine Mendoza
5. Sunod of Carmina Villarroel
6. Mindanao of Judy Ann Santos and Allen Dizon
7. Culion of Iza Calzado, Meryll Soriano, and Jasmine Curtis-Smith
8. Write About Love of Miles Ocampo, Rocco Nacino, Yeng Constantino, and Joem Bascon
Moreover, the Gabi ng Parangal (Awards Night) of the 2019 Metro Manila Film Festival will be held on December 27, 2019 at the New Frontier Theater, Araneta City, Quezon City.
The festival will run until January 7, 2020.