Yesterday, March 12, MMFF official Facebook page officially announced the postponement of the first edition of Summer Metro Manila Film Festival. This follows the pronouncement of President Rodrigo Duterte of community quarantine in Metro Manila because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The statement of MMFF 2020 reads: “In light of the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic and health emergency, the SUMMER METRO MANILA FILM FESTIVAL is hereby postponed.
“We’ll keep you posted for more updates in the coming days.
In fact, the film festival will supposedly run from April 11 to 21.
These eight entries of the Summer MMFF 2020 are:
1. A HARD DAY (Viva Films) by Law Fajardo (Stars: Dingdong Dantes, John Arcilla, Janno Gibbs, Al Tantay, and Meg Imperial)
2. TAGPUAN (Alternative Visions) by Mac Alejandre (Stars: Alfred Vargas, Iza Calzado, Shaina Magdayao)
3. LOVE THE WAY U LIE (Ten17p) by RC Delos Reyes (Stars: Xian Lim, Alex Gonzaga, Kylie Versoza)
4. ISA PANG BAHAGHARI (Heaven’s Best Entertainment) by Joel Lamangan (Stars: Nora Aunor, Phillip Salvador, Michael De Mesa, Zanjoe Marudo, Joseph Marco, and Sanya Lopez)
5. THE MISSING (Regal Entertainment) by Easy Ferrer (Stars: Joseph Marco, Ritz Azul, and Miles Ocampo)
6. LOVE OR MONEY (Star Cinema) by Mae Cruz-Alviar (Stars: Coco Martin and Angelica Panganiban)
7. NGAYON KAYA (T-Rex Entertainment) by Prime Cruz (Stars: Paulo Avelino and Janine Gutierrez)
8. COMING HOME (Maverick Films, line produced by ALV Films) by Adolfo Borinaga Alix Jr. (Stars: Jinggoy Estrada, Sylvia Sanchez, Martin Del Rosario, Ara Arida, Jake Ejercito, and Edgar Allan Guzman)
Meanwhile, MMFF has yet to announce the summer film festival’s new date.
Prior to this, another film festival like Sinag Maynila announced a postponement to a still undetermined date.