Here comes summer, while everyone was rushing through the mall grabbing their bikinis that would compliment their body, you might be forgetting one of the essential things that you need to bring with you before heading out in the beach- sunscreen. Actually, this product is not only necessary during summer but you need to use this every day in whatever season to shield your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
Ira Denise Oyco(@iradeniseoyco)
So why do we need to use sunscreen?
- Protection for your skin from the harmful UV rays
As the greenhouse gases make the ozone layer thinner, too much exposure of your skin from the Ultra Violet Rays may develop skin cancer. Sunscreen is proven to lessen the cases of skin cancer because of its capabilities to shield your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Prevents your skin from getting sunburned
Sunburns weaken your skin and make your skin more prone to bruises. Using sunscreen does not only protects you from sunburns but also other types of skin conditions like melanoma which is the worst type of skin cancer.
Choosing the best sunscreen for you
Consider choosing the sunscreen with a higher Sun Protection Factor (SPF). When choosing a sunscreen, check the SPF indicated on the packaging; the greater the amount of SPF indicated means higher amount of protection. Experts recommend using a sunscreen not less than SPF 15 but you need to consider a higher SPF content when you’re exposed to the sun for a longer period of time.
Proper application of sunscreen
- Apply a generous amount of the product on your body 20 to 30 minutes before you head outdoors.
- Re-apply as needed even though the product says that it will protect you all day.
- Apply not only on your arms and legs but on all parts of your skin that is exposed
- If you’re going out to the beach, consider reapplying before you arrive since the moisture makes the sunscreen less effective.
- You may also wear your sunscreen under your makeup to ensure your face is also protected.