by Villager Edge Buenviaje
The trend this year for smartphones is pretty obvious. Most manufacturers adapted and put a bezel-less display on their smartphones now. We decided to list the ones that are available for us here in the Philippines.
- Samsung S8 series/Note 8 – First off, we have Samsung’s S8 series along with the recently launched Note 8. Samsung is the main reason why bezel0less displays became a norm this year. The moment they released photos of the S8’s display, people were amazed. With such a great reception, they decided to do the same with Note 8.
Specs wise, these smartphones sport the latest and the greatest that Samsung can offer. They are a bunch of great flagship phones that are really a worthy investment.
- LG G6/ LG Q6 – LG did something interesting with these two. The LG G6 is one of their premium flagship smartphones while the LG Q6 is a mid-range smartphone. However, the LG G6 and LG Q6 share something in common.They both have great looking bezel-less displays. The LG G6 has a great looking QHD+ display at a very sharp resolution 2880 x 1440 while the LG Q6 has a FHD+ resolution 2160 x 1080. Both displays look great while catering for both kinds of people looking for the most premium device from LG and the ones looking for a beautiful yet affordable device.
- Huawei Nova 2i – Huawei did something magical with Nova 2i. First of all, it has a beautiful 5.9 inch FullView display at FHD+. The display looks sharp and color reproduction is really good. It is also one of the best bang-per-buck smartphones right now. Along with the beautiful display, it also has four cameras; two at the back and two at the front. Wicked!
- Vivo V7+ – One of the selfie centric smartphones in the country, the Vivo V7+ surprsised everyone with its unexpected bezel-less display. It is gorgeous as you would expect and you can almost forget that it is only running at HD+. Yes, it is one of the lower screen resolution on this list but as we have mentioned earlier, you will not notice it unless you are nitpicking. It also has a 24MP selfie camera that is one of the better selfie cameras right now.
- OPPO F5 – We are including the much anticipated OPPO F5 since it is projected to have a 6-inch 18:9 bezel-less display as well. It is always a treat to watch OPPO and Vivo battle it out as the best selfie phone in the market. Along with the rumored bezel-less display, the OPPO F5 will have dual selfie camera upfront that could possibly have two 12MP sensors.
- Doogee Mix – This is one of the more affordable bezel-less smartphones that can deliver great performance as well. It has a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display at 1280 x 720 resolution. It has a no bezels at the top and both of the sides. The selfie camera is found at the bottom of the phone which is pretty interesting. It is also the most affordable smartphone in the market that has 6GB of RAM.